Dear Valued Guests,
At Ocean House, your health and safety, and that of our incredible staff, is our top priority. Like you, we’re aware of and concerned by the rapid spread of COVID-19 (aka Coronavirus).
We want to take a few moments to address your concerns, and let you know that we’re doing everything we can to ensure peace of mind for your upcoming travels with us.
While our standard routines have always gone above and beyond the minimum requirements for cleanliness in the hospitality industry, we’ve taken the time to update our policies and implement additional measures in the face of COVID-19. We are closely following all guidelines established by both the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Here’s what we are doing:
- We are vigilantly sanitizing all high touch surfaces in the common areas and each room on a daily basis.
- We continue to adhere to the strictest handwashing guidelines and have also set up a hand-wash station in our dining room for ease of use.
- All food preparation and service surfaces, tools, dishes and flatware are as always sanitized before and after every use.
- Should any member of our staff, including ourselves, become symptomatic or be known to have been exposed, they will not be present at the Inn.
- We are practicing safe social distancing guidelines.
If you do have reservations, we urge you not to cancel. However, understanding flexibility is necessary in these times, we’ve updated our cancellation policy to waive all associated fees for existing and new reservations between now and April 30, 2020. We will continue to revisit this policy and inform you of any changes as needed.
As you may have heard, our restaurants are not able to offer dining at their facilities (per our state legislature) however takeout from their menus are available and our dining room is open for you to be able to enjoy your meal of choice in the comfort of our inn.
Getting away to focus on health and mental wellbeing in times as uncertain as these is important. Our property will continue to offer the same exceptional accommodations and hospitality as always, and serves as a healthy alternative to larger and more crowded hotels.
The safety and comfort of our guests is our highest priority and we truly appreciate your trust here at our bed and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you to Ocean House soon.
Dawn and Craig