Your Guide to the Newport Aquarium in Oregon
If you haven’t yet experienced the underwater magic at the Newport Aquarium on Oregon’s coast, you’re in for a treat this fall. The Newport Aquarium, located on Yaquina Bay, is the largest aquarium in Oregon, and it’s located just minutes from our beachfront location.
The world beyond Oregon’s rugged coastline is a mysterious one, but through a variety of interactive learning experiences at the Newport Aquarium, you can learn more about this vast ecosystem and how to protect it. It’s one of the top attractions in Oregon, and for good reason. Come stay for a few days of quiet respite on Oregon’s coast this fall, and enjoy an afternoon spent at this incredible community resource. Book your room at our Newport Oregon Bed and Breakfast today!
The 5 Best Exhibits at the Newport Aquarium
The Newport Aquarium sits on 23 acres of land just onshore from Yaquina Bay. To make the most out of your trip to the aquarium, it’s best to take note of the daily feeding schedule, the special encounters and behind-the-scenes tours available to you, as well as the general exhibits. In total, there are 14 delightful exhibits to take in at the aquarium, but here are 5 of our favorites:
- The Sandy Shores and Rocky Shores exhibits are what most people think of when they envision visiting Oregon’s coastal beaches. These exhibits are a great look at the seemingly simple, but ecologically complex world of Oregon’s beaches.
- The Coastal Waters exhibit is a great place to learn about the survival issues that coho and chinook salmon face, as well as a dynamic moon jelly exhibit. This exhibit also features the largest exhibit in the Newport Aquarium, “At the Jetty,” which replicates the habitat in Yaquina Bay.
- Find the largest popular of Sea Otters at the Newport Aquarium’s Sea Otter exhibit, and learn more about the plight of these perennial favorites.
- The Giant Pacific Octopus exhibit is one of the most fascinating in the aquarium. These ocean predators tend to be misunderstood and underappreciated, and this exhibit is the perfect way to demystify these incredible creatures. These animals are often shy, so catching a good glimpse at the Newport Aquarium might take a little patience and perseverance on your behalf.
- Birdwatching is a popular activity on Oregon’s coast, so it’s no wonder than the aquarium’s Seabird Aviary is one of its most popular attractions. The aviary is an open-air walkthrough experience that allows you to see some of the seabirds that visit Oregon’s coast up close and personal. It’s one of the largest aviary’s of its type and includes species like Tufted Puffins, Horned Puffins, Rhinoceros Auklets, Pigeon Guillemots, Common Murres, and Black Oystercatchers.
The Best Oregon Bed and Breakfast
As you make your plans to come to Oregon’s beautiful coast this fall, you’ll be looking for the perfect lodging. You can’t do better than the luxurious guest rooms at our Oregon Bed and Breakfast. We offer 7 uniquely appointed guest rooms, each with a tree-framed view of the sand, surf, and horizon. Amenities at the Inn include delicious breakfasts, complimentary wine, soft drinks, and fresh-baked cookies, eco-friendly housekeeping, a private pathway to miles of beach, waves, and tidepools, and much more.
We also know that location matters just as much, and sometimes more, than the creature comforts you’ll enjoy throughout your stay. Our Bed and Breakfast is situated right on Newport Oregon’s Agate Beach. You’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the beach and the coastal headlands from every window in our Inn. Read, socialize, or enjoy a glass of wine in one of our common areas, or unwind by an open-wood fire and take in a dramatic coastal sunset from our decks. We offer the perfect place to disconnect from the stressors of everyday life and soak up the magic of Oregon’s scenic coast. Book your room at our Newport Bed and Breakfast today.
The room (cottage) with a view was perfect in every way. Everything we experienced here has been a dream.– D&O from San Francisco
The house, room and gardens were beautiful with easy access to the beach. I felt like we were in a small private resort.J&K from New York, NY
Quiet, peaceful and views to die for.D&G from Isle of Skye, Scotland
We love the Oregon coast. Our time here is always relaxing and very special.D&Y from Tacoma, WA
The energy and heart of this place make it the perfect escape from a hectic world.B&T from Newburg, Oregon
It is so beautiful and magical. The perfect romantic getaway for a special birthday celebration.– K&S from Woodlands, TX
Great view, great hosts, great food-what else could you ask for?– J&L from Denton, TX
What a great time we had in Windswept. We hope to enjoy this gem of a place in the future.– L&M from Waldorf, MD
We felt so at home, relaxed. It was everything we hoped for.– C&B from Scottsdale, AZ
Wow, we were blown away by your hospitality. Thank you so much for making us feel at home.– S&T from Mesa, AZ
Beautiful property! Breakfasts and cookies delicious. The picnic was a highlight our visit!L&F from Atlanta, GA