The 10 Best Things to do in Newport Oregon This Summer
As things across the country get cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve decided to turn our attention a little further down the road and talk about the many wonderful things to do in Newport Oregon this summer. Come summer, we’ll certainly all need a place to getaway. Why not make that place Newport, Oregon? Newport is a charming coastal town on Oregon’s famed coast and will provide you with exactly the respite you’ll need.
When in Newport, choose to stay at the Ocean House Bed and Breakfast. Our oceanfront location and luxury amenities set us apart from many other lodging and accommodations in the area. With spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean from every window and unbeatable hospitality, it’s time you see what we have to offer. Book your room at our Newport Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Things to do in Newport Oregon This Summer
It doesn’t really matter when you visit the Oregon Coast. It’s truly a spectacular destination year-round. In the winter, Newport Oregon is perfect for whale watching, storm watching, and romantic coastal getaways. In the spring, it’s a great time to get outside and enjoy deep breaths of fresh air after a long winter indoors. Come summer, the gentle lull of ocean waves hitting the sand call your name. Come fall, it starts to slow down and turn back into a romantic escape filled with nothing but the peaceful tranquillity the Oregon Coast is famous for.
This summer, Newport, Oregon is offering much more than warm sunny days and endless sandy beaches. There are plenty of things to do in Newport Oregon this summer, including a number of fu and exciting events. Take a few moments, grab your calendars, and start planning for some fun in the sun on Oregon’s beautiful coast.
Here are 10 things to do in Newport, Oregon This summer:
- Spend a day at Nye Beach, a quaint beachfront community located in Downtown Newport. More than 40 locally-owned businesses and restaurants line the beach, and the area also boasts plentiful parking, restrooms, and a foot washing station for those using the beach.
- Take a bike ride around Newport! The city has come up with a number of rides in the area. One of our favorites is the lighthouse to Lighthouse ride, a gentle 10-mile route between the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse and Yaquina Head Lighthouse. The City to City Ride is also beautiful, as it meanders along the Yaquina Bay and River.
- Head out to the Yaquina Lighthouse and Outstanding Natural Area. It’s one of our favorite places to go in Newport. Spend a day exploring tidepools, plenty of birdwatching, hiking trails, and of course the Yaquina Head Lighthouse.
- Visit South Beach State Park, situated next to the famous Yaquina Bay Bridge. Take a walk down the paved jetty trail, play a game of disc golf, take guided hikes or kayak tours, and enjoy a day in the sun at this beautiful park.
- Take a hike in the Newport, Oregon area. Popular trails include the Yaquina Bay Estuary Trail, Yaquina Head Outstanding Natural Area, Mike Miller Educational Park, the Cooper Ridge Nature Trail and the Beaver Creek State Natural Area.
- Take a whale-watching boat tour. December through April is prime season for grey whales to be in the area, but May through November brings warmer waters and the opportunity to view blue whales to 80 feet, finback whales, dolphins, killer whales, sharks, and many other marine animals. We recommend Eco Excursions out of Depoe Bay.
- Spend an afternoon at the Newport Aquarium browsing the various exhibitions.
- Enjoy fireworks, free concerts, and plenty of fun in Newport on the 4th of July. It’s one of the largest Fourth of July celebrations on the Oregon Coast and includes a full day of events leading up to the grand finale fireworks show.
- Join in the Newport Quilt Show on August 7 – 8. 2020 marks the 30th anniversary of the Quilts By the Sea annual show.
- Participate in or watch the Agate Beach Surf Classic, happening right out in front of our Bed and Breakfast. 2020’s event will be on September 6th – 8th.
And, finally, when you’ve exhausted this list of things to do in Newport Oregon, make sure you take a few moments to unwind on our decks overlooking the breathtaking Oregon Coast, relax by our fire, and enjoy a few relaxing moments at our luxury Bed and Breakfast. You may also want to consider joining us for the Oregon Coast Jazz Party on October 2 – 4, 2020, or the Cider Fest happening the same weekend.
The Best Newport Oregon Bed and Breakfast
Don’t be afraid to plan ahead for these exceptional events and other things to do in Newport Oregon. Everyone is going to need to find their special place for a few relaxing days of bliss this summer. Let our Newport Oregon Bed and Breakfast be that place for you.
At our Inn, we offer exceptionally comfortable accommodations, unbeatable ocean views, direct beach access, and some of the most welcoming hospitality on the Oregon Coast. Come see what makes a stay at our Newport Bed and Breakfast so special. Book your room at the Ocean House Inn today.
The room (cottage) with a view was perfect in every way. Everything we experienced here has been a dream.
Best B&B Ever on the Oregon Coast
Spent a Romantic Valentine’s weekend and had a great time. Room was extremely comfortable. Breakfasts each morning were fantastic. The location at Agate beach added to the incredible adventure.
Highly recommend and will visit again!
One of the best B&B’s I’ve ever stayed in!
Everything about our stay was perfect on the Oregon Coast. Proximity to Newport was great, views were incredible, easy beach access, and the rooms were huge! To top it off, they gave us some great recommendations for dinner which led us to some of the best seafood I’ve ever had.
Beautiful property! Breakfasts and cookies delicious. The picnic was a highlight our visit!
The house, room and gardens were beautiful with easy access to the beach. I felt like we were in a small private resort.
Quiet, peaceful and views to die for.
We love the Oregon coast. Our time here is always relaxing and very special.
The energy and heart of this place make it the perfect escape from a hectic world.
It is so beautiful and magical. The perfect romantic getaway for a special birthday celebration.
Great view, great hosts, great food-what else could you ask for?
What a great time we had in Windswept. We hope to enjoy this gem of a place in the future.
We felt so at home, relaxed. It was everything we hoped for.
Wow, we were blown away by your hospitality. Thank you so much for making us feel at home.
Great Bed and Breakfast! The hosts are very friendly and give some great advise for sightseeing and restaurants on the Oregon Coast. We would definitely come back!