So many outdoor things to do, a few include birding, hiking, biking, whale watching, beach combing and even surfing.
- State Parks: oregonstateparks.org
- Trails: fs.usda.gov
- Ossie’s Surf Shop: ossiessurfshop.com
- Agate Beach Golf Course: agatebeachgolf.net
- Recreation Center: newportoregon.gov
- Guided Sea Kayak Tours: Oregonboatingfoundation.org
- Bike Newport: Bike sales, service, and rentals: bikenewport.com
- Hiking and Biking Newport: discovernewport.com
- Newport Cycling Trails: mapmyride.com
- Bird Watching: discovernewport.com
Crabbing and Fishing Charters
- Captain’s Reel Deep Sea Fishing: (541) 265-7441
- Newport Tradewinds: newporttradewinds.com
- Yaquina Bay Charters: yaquinabaycharters.com
- Dockside Charters: docksidedepoebay.com
- Tradewinds Charters: tradewindscharters.com
Whale watching Tours
Arts, Culture and History
There are many fine galleries and live music venues are in our area in addition to the list below
- Newport Performing Arts Center: coastarts.org
- Newport Visual Arts Center: coastarts.org
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): moc.noaa.gov
- Oregon Coast Aquarium: aquarium.org
- Hatfield Marine Science Center: OregonState.edu
- Over 150,000 people pass through the doors of the Visitor Center annually to see the exhibits, join in hands-on activities and learn about marine animals and issues facing the coast. Take a video tour of the Center.
- The Pacific Maritime Heritage Center: oregoncoasthistory.org
- Celebrates the history, art, diverse culture, commerce and scientific research of the ocean.
Other Leisure activities
Additional fun things to do
- Noble Estate Wine Tasting Room – Nobleestatewinery.com
- Oregon Coast tasting room offering a relaxed beach town atmosphere and views of Newport’s Historic Bayfront.
- Glass blowing
- Cinemas: catheatres.com
The room (cottage) with a view was perfect in every way. Everything we experienced here has been a dream.
Best B&B Ever on the Oregon Coast
Spent a Romantic Valentine’s weekend and had a great time. Room was extremely comfortable. Breakfasts each morning were fantastic. The location at Agate beach added to the incredible adventure.
Highly recommend and will visit again!
One of the best B&B’s I’ve ever stayed in!
Everything about our stay was perfect on the Oregon Coast. Proximity to Newport was great, views were incredible, easy beach access, and the rooms were huge! To top it off, they gave us some great recommendations for dinner which led us to some of the best seafood I’ve ever had.
Beautiful property! Breakfasts and cookies delicious. The picnic was a highlight our visit!
The house, room and gardens were beautiful with easy access to the beach. I felt like we were in a small private resort.
Quiet, peaceful and views to die for.
We love the Oregon coast. Our time here is always relaxing and very special.
The energy and heart of this place make it the perfect escape from a hectic world.
It is so beautiful and magical. The perfect romantic getaway for a special birthday celebration.
Great view, great hosts, great food-what else could you ask for?
What a great time we had in Windswept. We hope to enjoy this gem of a place in the future.
We felt so at home, relaxed. It was everything we hoped for.
Wow, we were blown away by your hospitality. Thank you so much for making us feel at home.
Great Bed and Breakfast! The hosts are very friendly and give some great advise for sightseeing and restaurants on the Oregon Coast. We would definitely come back!